Get the Swidget 1.0 widget and many other great free widgets at Widgetbox! Not seeing a widget? (More info) Mrs. D: A Few More Casseroles
Name:
Location: DC Metro Area, United States

I adore The Lord. I'm in my 40's. Completely in love with my husband, a mother of 3 girls ages 23, 21 and 18 and one little man that turned 3 in December. I don't own a gun but I believe in your right to own one, if you so choose. I vaccinate but I believe in your right not to, I don't homeschool but believe in your right to educate your child the way you see fit. I don't attend a "church" but I read the Bible everyday. I do not support our current administration and do not feel it is Biblical to "get behind" a man with such unGodly actions. If a child survives an abortion it is nothing short of Gods will that that child live. How ANYONE professing Christianity can support an administration that will use their will to override Gods and kill that child anyway is beyond my understanding. I'm not so convinced that we are in the End Times but I am sure our country is out of control and headed for disaster. You can call me nuts but I'll just call you part of the problem for being uninformed and asleep at the wheel.

Thursday, February 26, 2009

A Few More Casseroles

I haven't tried these yet. The Potato Casserole doesn't look like something my family would enjoy as I have some picky eaters. I posted it anyway as I'll do with a lot of things. Just because it may not work for me doesn't mean someone elses family won't gobble it up. If you give it a try drop me a line and let me know how it went.
CHEESY CHICKEN-N-NOODLE CASEROLE

2 packages egg noodles
1 can cream of chicken or mushroom soup
1 jar Cheese Whiz
3 cans chicken, or 3 boneless chicken breast
3 tbsp of mayo
1 box of cheese-its, or like crackers

Broil and cut chicken into cubes.

Prepare noodles according to package instructions. While noodles are cooking, heat soup, with 1 half can of milk on low heat.

Gradually add Cheese Whiz, stirring constantly until all of the cheese is melted. Add the chicken, simmer for a few minutes, continuing to stir. Remove from heat.

When noodles are finished, drain, and stir in the 3 tablespoons of mayonnaise. Add soup and cheese mixture until all noodles are coated well.

Spray a casserole dish with non-stick cooking spray, and spoon the noodle mixture into it. Crush several handfuls of Cheese-Its, and sprinkle them over the noodles, or however much you like.
Bake in 350° oven for 25 minutes, or until sauce is bubbly and hot.

This is good as a meal alone, and tastes even better the next day. You can substitute the chicken with tuna fish. You can also use Cream of Celery Soup, which gives it a differet taste. Or try mixing the soups,half chicken, half mushroom. Adjust to your own taste

Creamy Potato Casserole (side dish?)

12 potatoes
1 large onion
8 ounces sour cream
1 pound small curd cottage cheese
salt and pepper to taste
3/4 stick butter (more or less, as preferred)
Blanched almonds, optional
3/4 cup cheddar cheese, shredded

Boil potatoes until tender. Cool potatoes. Mash with lots of butter, salt and pepper to taste. Stir in sour cream, cottage cheese and onion. Do not beat. Place in an ungreased casserole bowl and pour shredded cheese evenly over the top. Bake at 350 for 35-40 minutes. Cover the prevent burning. If preferred, you can place blanched almonds on top while baking.

Notes:This dish is better if prepared one day ahead and then baked on day you wish to serve it. Allow extra time for baking if refrigerated.

Celery Ham Casserole

3 cups Celery, cut in 2 inch julienne strips, cooked
2 cups Diced cooked ham or canned luncheon meat
2 tablespoons Butter
2 tablespoons Flour
1 cup Milk
1 cup Sharp cheddar cheese
¾ cup
Buttered soft bread crumbs

Combine celery and ham in a shallow 1 ½ quart baking dish. Melt butter then blend in flour. Add milk and cook, stirring until thickened. Add cheese and stir until melted. Mix with celery and ham, then sprinkle with bread crumbs. Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 25 minutes or until hot and bubbly.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home