Get the Swidget 1.0 widget and many other great free widgets at Widgetbox! Not seeing a widget? (More info) Mrs. D: Quotes
Name:
Location: DC Metro Area, United States

I adore The Lord. I'm in my 40's. Completely in love with my husband, a mother of 3 girls ages 23, 21 and 18 and one little man that turned 3 in December. I don't own a gun but I believe in your right to own one, if you so choose. I vaccinate but I believe in your right not to, I don't homeschool but believe in your right to educate your child the way you see fit. I don't attend a "church" but I read the Bible everyday. I do not support our current administration and do not feel it is Biblical to "get behind" a man with such unGodly actions. If a child survives an abortion it is nothing short of Gods will that that child live. How ANYONE professing Christianity can support an administration that will use their will to override Gods and kill that child anyway is beyond my understanding. I'm not so convinced that we are in the End Times but I am sure our country is out of control and headed for disaster. You can call me nuts but I'll just call you part of the problem for being uninformed and asleep at the wheel.

Friday, June 5, 2009

Quotes

“I hold it that a little rebellion now and then is a good thing...” Thomas Jefferson (1743–1826) 3rd president of the United Statesprincipal author of the Declaration of Independence

"A hero is someone who understands the responsibility that comes with his freedom." - Bob Dylan

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." ~ Nelson Mandela

"Education is not filling a bucket, but lighting a fire." ~ William Yeats

"When we accept tough jobs as a challenge to our ability and wade into them with joy and enthusiasm, miracles can happen."-- Arland Gilbert

"I long to accomplish a great and noble task, but it is my chief duty to accomplish small tasks as if they were great and noble."-- Helen Keller (1880-1968)

"A musician must make music, an artist must paint, a poet must write, if he is to be ultimately at peace with himself. What a man can be, he must be." -- Abraham Maslow (1908-1970)

"The most absurd and reckless aspirations have sometimes led to extraordinary success." -- Vauvenargues

"Too many people overvalue what they are not and undervalue what they are."-- Malcolm Forbes (1919-1990)

"I wept because I had no shoes, until I saw a man who had no feet."-- Persian saying, Ancient

"All big things in this world are done by people who are naive and have an idea that is obviously impossible."-- Dr. Frank Richards (1875-1961)

There is only one corner of the universe you can be certain of improving, and that's your own self.-- Aldous Huxley (1864-1963)

"When nothing is sure, everything is possible." -- Margaret Drabble (1939-)

"True happiness is not attained through self-gratification, but through fidelity to a worthy purpose."-- Helen Keller (1880-1968)

"Do not wait for leaders; do it alone, person to person."-- Mother Teresa (1910-1997)

"It isn't the big pleasures that count the most; it's making a great deal out of the little ones."—Jean Webster

"If you have made mistakes...there is always another chance for you...you may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing we call "failure" is not the falling down, but the staying down."-- Mary Pickford (1893-1979)

"The important thing is this: to be able at any moment to sacrifice what we are for what we could become." Charles Du Bos (1882-1939) French literary critic

"Winning doesn't always mean being first. Winning means you're doing better than you've ever done before." Bonnie Blair (1964 - ) Olympic speed skater U.S. history’s most-decorated winter athlete

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home